Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 319

Thread: And why should the public have access to these again?

  1. #111
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    My problem with it is if you give someone this type of power, how long until they abuse it.

    If I want to get out and bash bush and the government it is my right to do so. Getting tagged as a terrorist or whatever and being monitored just because I do so is a very big problem.


    Just watch and see, the Patriot Act is gonna cause lots of problems in the near future.

  2. #112
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    And please explain to me when was the last time a liberal burst into your house and tried to take your uzi? I see the Patriot Act as the biggest and most successful attempt at stripping your rights. And we just sit back and took it, but I can still keep my tec-9 so its all good.

  3. #113
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And please explain to me when was the last time a liberal burst into your house and tried to take your uzi? I see the Patriot Act as the biggest and most successful attempt at stripping your rights. And we just sit back and took it, but I can still keep my tec-9 so its all good. </div></div>
    way to whiff on that one

    no american has had a firearm taken from them in a search that im aware of unless that search was related to a crime in which case the patriot act doesnt apply anyway

    so again......what rights has the patriot act taken from YOU?
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  4. #114
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckmeat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My problem with it is if you give someone this type of power, how long until they abuse it.

    If I want to get out and bash bush and the government it is my right to do so. Getting tagged as a terrorist or whatever and being monitored just because I do so is a very big problem.


    Just watch and see, the Patriot Act is gonna cause lots of problems in the near future.

    </div></div>

    Wasnt it on the news here recently that they were listening in on some soldiers (or could have been just a person out of the country, cant remember) phone convo with his wife..they were talking about something sexual and they recorded the people doing the listening saying things like..."Hey, this is getting good...listen to this one" Cant remember exactly what they said, but were just trying to find convo's about sex. I saw it on the news, I'll try to find it. Thats just one story, I bet there are millions more and it is abused regularly...but you more than likely wont hear about it. Wonder why?

  5. #115
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And please explain to me when was the last time a liberal burst into your house and tried to take your uzi? I see the Patriot Act as the biggest and most successful attempt at stripping your rights. And we just sit back and took it, but I can still keep my tec-9 so its all good. </div></div>
    way to whiff on that one

    no american has had a firearm taken from them in a search that im aware of unless that search was related to a crime in which case the patriot act doesnt apply anyway

    so again......what rights has the patriot act taken from YOU? </div></div>

    I wasnt talking about that pertaining to the Pat. Act. I was just asking you when was the last time a liberal burst in and tried to take your gun? I mean they are out to get everyone of them right? So when has your 2nd Amendment been completely taken away?

  6. #116
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And please explain to me when was the last time a liberal burst into your house and tried to take your uzi? I see the Patriot Act as the biggest and most successful attempt at stripping your rights. And we just sit back and took it, but I can still keep my tec-9 so its all good. </div></div>
    way to whiff on that one

    no american has had a firearm taken from them in a search that im aware of unless that search was related to a crime in which case the patriot act doesnt apply anyway

    so again......what rights has the patriot act taken from YOU? </div></div>

    I wasnt talking about that pertaining to the Pat. Act. I was just asking you when was the last time a liberal burst in and tried to take your gun? I mean they are out to get everyone of them right? So when has your 2nd Amendment been completely taken away? </div></div>
    it hasnt been YET

    thats what your boy odumbo wants to do
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  7. #117
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    R13 if you are talking about a soldier and that happening its not a surprise. The military has monitored most letters and phone conversations basically forever during times of war.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #118
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">R13 if you are talking about a soldier and that happening its not a surprise. The military has monitored most letters and phone conversations basically forever during times of war. </div></div>
    correct.......again......not as a result of the patriot act

    they monitor all mail and packages because certain things like porno mags/movies are prohibited

    my cousin has done 3 tours in iraq and tells me the reason they monitor all conversations is to be sure that no confidential info is being shared with anybody who doesnt have the proper clearance and also to make sure that nobody has made friends with the enemy and is trying to sabotage their unit

    this has been a practice since the beginning of time in the military
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  9. #119
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">R13 if you are talking about a soldier and that happening its not a surprise. The military has monitored most letters and phone conversations basically forever during times of war. </div></div>

    But I am thinking it was a civilian, because I remember the Patriot Act being mentioned. I really cant remember though, if it was a soldier then you are right about that. I'll look for it.

  10. #120
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And please explain to me when was the last time a liberal burst into your house and tried to take your uzi? I see the Patriot Act as the biggest and most successful attempt at stripping your rights. And we just sit back and took it, but I can still keep my tec-9 so its all good. </div></div>
    way to whiff on that one

    no american has had a firearm taken from them in a search that im aware of unless that search was related to a crime in which case the patriot act doesnt apply anyway

    so again......what rights has the patriot act taken from YOU? </div></div>

    I wasnt talking about that pertaining to the Pat. Act. I was just asking you when was the last time a liberal burst in and tried to take your gun? I mean they are out to get everyone of them right? So when has your 2nd Amendment been completely taken away? </div></div>
    it hasnt been YET

    thats what your boy odumbo wants to do </div></div>

    And the Patriot Act hasnt YET done what you said it couldve either. But your boy Bush succeeded in his attempt to strip our rights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •